Saturday, February 19, 2011

Snow and a finished project

Its snowing today, and the snow is rummored to continue for the rest of the weekend. Before I went to bed last night around 3am there was no snow on the ground of falling from the sky. When I got up this morning around 11:30am there was several inches, and maintence was scraping the parking lot. Last night we were only supposed to get 10-18 inches this weekend. Now however they are saying 12-22. Well darn it I guess I'll just have to stay inside and knit. Here are some pictures from about 3:30 this afternoon. I finished my Ulmus shawl this week, I absolutely love it. When I first pulled it off the needles I was afraid I would have to give it to my niece as it seemed so small, but with a soaking and a good overnight blocking it grew to be a perfect size. I am planning to make another soon which will also include some beadwork as well. Here are a few pre-blocking pictures of it. . The last picture was taken durring blocking. I can't help but love it. I am so excited to wear it out this summer.

Have a great weekend!

~Leslie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful Leslie!! The snow looks serene. We just got rid of ours but not to fear...more is on the way :)