Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas Everybody!

I wish you all a Merry Christmas! I am up way to late but that's okay. I don't have any munchkins to wake me up. I got to pick out several of my Christmas pressents yesterday, so Zorro didn't bother to wrap them, but that doesn't mean that I am not going to stick them under the tree. My mom is supposed to fly back from Portland today. We will see how that works out. It's my understanding that there is a nasty storm still raging in Portland, and well here it's winter in Wyoming/Utah and her flight is supposed to arrive durring the time our coming storm is raging it's hardest. We shall see what happens. My hubby got me the Cricut Expressions I have the manual out of the box so I can figure out how to use it. I will probably read it in a little bit while I bake the apple pie. I just pulled 2 loaves of bread out of the oven (more than slightly deformed) they were the frozen variety, and had a little mishap while defrosting. They should still taste good anyway. I also baked some Banana bread muffins, using my Mom's Aunt Carol's recipe. It's the best I have ever tasted. I decided to switch it up this time and put in mini-chocolate chips instead of nuts. I often use half wheat flour/half white flour it works really well and gives the bread a deeper flavor. I always add vanilla and an extra banana (if I have it.)

Well I hope everyone has a Very Merry Christmas. As one of my favorite t.v. pastors says..."May you be blessed in your goings out and your comings in." I know it's paraphrased from the Bible somewhere but it is such a beautiful and simple blessing, I love it.

-Leslie

No comments: